Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Provigil

Notices

Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
sharyn

Default fibromyaligia and provigil

I've asked my doctor to put me on provigil for my years of fatigue. I've been tested for anemia and everything else. Will this drug perk me up? I'm so tired of being tired. Thank-you
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Kathy

Default Fatigue and Provigil

I have started taking Provigil today. 200mg in the morning.<br><br>I have had Fatigue for years, and have been tested for everything<br>imaginable at Mayo Clinic, and several other specialty doctors.<br>My internist (who I have been seeing for 9 years) has always been supportive in me getting other opinions. I have been on every antidepressant on the market, and all the doctors agree now,<br>that I am not suffering from depression. All the antidepressants<br>I tried made me more tired and fatigued.<br><br>After a three day evaluation at Mayo Clinic, the internist told me,<br>"he did not want to diagnose me with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,<br>because that is something he "can not prove" in a laboratory,<br>and it would mean that he would be giving up on trying to find out<br>why I have "Fatigue".<br><br>I am every excited about the possibility of Provigil helping me with<br>my fatigue.<br><br>I would like to hear from anyone else on Provigil for symptoms of fatigue.<br>Sincerely, Kathy<br>
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
grace

Default fibro & provigil

hi,I know exactly how you feel!!I was diagnosed 7 yrs ago for fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue, along with severe low back slippage (spondyolysthesis).<br>I have chronic pain from both.I am treated for depression also for 15 yrs.<br>I am 36 & it is horrible to be so tired & wore out spending most of your time in bed. I was put on provigil 4 months ago at 200mg in the morning & it helped alot but by noon I felt wore out. so my Dr. had me take 300 in the morning but still am tired by noon .I am now trying 200mg in morning & 200mg. afternoon,not sure yet if its helping.I think it would help you, I have tried many things & this is the only medication that has helped in any way, my pain is also less.Its expensive but very much worth it.I am finding that the dosage for different peopl really varys. I have had no side effects<br>thanks & good luck,<br>Grace
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
anna

Default fibro and provigil

My aunt has MS i have fibro she told me about provigil i would like to try it for fatigue my nurse practitioner is unsure. i would like some feedback. I want to feel 33 not 103.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
M Seepe

Default Provigil

I suffer from sleep apnea. My doctor put me on Provigil 200 mgs. I resently had to increase to 400 mgs. I feel the drug has helped me significantly with day time sleepiness.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Sandra

Default Provigil miracle!!

I too have spent most of my life sleepy, fatiqued, worn out feeling, and as an otherwise healthy 30 year old, sleeping my life away is not how I want to continue. It affects my family, relationships, health, and job. I would easily sleep 18 hours a day, and hated it!! My doctor has recently put me on Provigil 200mg. (in the morning) and it has absolutely changed my life!!! I have energy!! I am more alert, focused, more active, and (though I was not told this by my doctor) my appetite has decreased too. I feel that this medication has really given me a new lease on life thus far. Provigil is a miracle med. for me. I hope never to be taken off of it. Good luck and best wishes to you. I hope you too are given the opportunity to experience life without restraints of fatigue.