Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Strattera

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Children under 3 Years

We have had our 3 year old son on Strattera and has been working great for the last 12 weeks. As soon as we took him off it we noticed that he was back to his usual over active bouncing off walls self! We have been reccommended to go back on it for another period. However, after reading some of the side effects (which we have not encountered), i am now concerned about the long term effects. Especially on children at the age of 3. I cant seem to find anything for this age group. I need help before making a decision one way or another. Further my son has only one Kidney and so i am really concerned long term. My Pediatrician has said nothing to worry about.<br>Anyone can help?<br>
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

First of all the Strattera website specifies to not give to a child under 6. It is a capsule that is not to be opened but swallowed whole. Why would you put your 3 year old on medication to begin with? Let the poor child develop and grow up a little. I noticed this was posted 3 years ago. I hope you child has not been on drugs all this time.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We have had our 3 year old son on Strattera Online pharmacy and has been working great for the last 12 weeks. As soon as we took him off it we noticed that he was back to his usual over active bouncing off walls self! We have been reccommended to go back on it for another period. However, after reading some of the side effects (which we have not encountered), i am now concerned about the long term effects. Especially on children at the age of 3. I cant seem to find anything for this age group. I need help before making a decision one way or another. Further my son has only one Kidney and so i am really concerned long term. My Pediatrician has said nothing to worry about.<br>Anyone can help?<br>
Since your boy has only 1 kidney, then you should be careful when you give him any type of medications... visit the doctor and ask for his help, don't decide what is the better for your child by yourself...

Last edited by Dani343; 08-09-2012 at 07:29 AM.