Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Temodar

Notices

Old 08-14-2003, 05:00 AM
shari

Default oligodendreglioma

is there any proof that temodar may be used to treat an oligodendriglioma?
Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Jim Mossey

Default temodar/oligodendriglioma

Is there any proof or guidelines that Temodar treats <br>grade II oligodendriglioma tumors? Please e-mail me any comments<br>and or literature you can. Thank you. <br>Jim Mossey
Old 09-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Darolyn

Default Temodar

My husband has taken one cycle of Temodar to treat an Oligodendroglioma. He feels much better after the first cycle. He will start another cycle again in 2 weeks. So far, he seems to feel much better. We will not know how effective it is until after the 2nd cycle when he has another MRI performed. Hope this helps. <br>
Old 09-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Gil

Default Temodal/oligodendriglioma

I've started 1st cycle of Temodal this week (Sep 14) for Anaplastic Oligodendroglioma III. I'll update when I'll have results (2-3 cycles).<br>If you know about results / stdies - please inform.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Laurie

Default Temodar

My brother has grade III/IV ogliodendroglioma that has recurred for the first time recently (11-12-03); he is starting first cycle of Temodar; will update on progress
Ray

Default Tomodar

My wife had two cycles so far of Temodar. I was told that it wouldn't work well for her because her P1 chromosome was intact, lessening the chance of the chemo working to maybe 20 percent. Her doctor didn't even recommend that she take it; however, since this was her only chance, I insisted she does. So far, it seems to have helped my wife. Her speech which was down to pretty much nothing due to aphasia and a 2 wk stay in the hospital has improved remarkably (she still has apahsia, but is much more communitive), and her right arm and leg, which had been paralyzed are now moveable, albeit slightly. My suggestion, give it a chance.
Roger

Default Temodar & Oligodendriglioma Tumors

Same Question as the rest of you. I also have had surgery for a oligodendriglioma, and have just been put on Temodar. Any response from any of you out there you have been on this therapy? I would be very interested in hearing from any and all who have done this.<br><br>Sincerely,<br><br>Roger Stites
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
stephen

Default No Subject

I have been on approximatly 7 cycles of temodal(400mg a day for 5 days and then off for 22 day's)for a grade 3 anaplastic ogli,So far there isn't any regrowth but i've only had 2 mri's since my craniotomy in june/03 it is now april 12/04. If I can answer any question's you may have feel free to e-mail me at the above address. God bless
Hana

Default No Subject

My dad was diagnosed with melonoma that spread throughout his whole body couple years ago. Besides his melonoma he has few cancers on brain. To make the matters even worse, his body developed blod clothing two months ago. Well, doctors don't seem to know where those blood cloths are appearing from and what the cause may be. The answer I get is "it comes with the cancer". Well, but that can not be true in his case, since two years ago, that is when the melonoma was diagnosed after his first chemo no blod clothing occured. Ever since he started taking the Temodar the blod cloths seem to appear in hughe numbers. However doctors are not only denying it but in my opinion ignoring the fact that it could be connected with the drug. So, my question to you is if anybody has experienced any blod clothing within few weeks after taking temodar. His blood clothing seems to appear after two cycles of temodar (which usually takes I would say shy month and a half) ... Please if anybody would respond that would be great.... By the way we have found out that his tumors started shrinking especially the ones on brain. <br>
wendy

Default temodar-cns lymphoma

anyone know if temodar is used to treat non-hodkins lymphoma in the brain?