Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Tikosyn

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
RG

Default Side Effects Ringing in Ears

I have been taking Tikosyn for 2 1/2 months. I am experiencing the advertized side effects: slight headache, chest pain (different from chect pain I felt while in A-Fib), and occasional dizziness. I have recently experienced contiunuous ringing in my ears. I do not know if this is another side effect of the tikosyn or if there is some other cause. Has anyone else experienced this side efect (ringing in ears?). RG<br><br><br>
Old 08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Bob Temple

Default side effects

Just started Tikosyn last week. Was in constant afib for 5 months prior to tikosyn. Since coming home last Friday I have experienced two episodes of afib each lasting a couple of hours but I consider that an improvement since it was constant for 5 months prior to that. I too have both a low grade constant headache and ringing in my ears. Since the tikosyn seems to be keeping the afib at bay, for now I'll deal with the headaches and ringing.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Michael

Default Tikosyn

Yes I too have had ringing in the ears since I have been on tikosyn. Thinking it is my BP goingup I check my BP and it is within normal range. I has a Pulmonary Vein Ablation in FEB and with that and tikosyn I have had 2 1 hour bouts with AFib which has been very tolerable.<br>I was concerned about the thickening of my heart walls though as an associated side effect of Tikosyn. My cardiologist had mentioned that and wanted to get me off Tikosyn as soon as possible but he has since left the practice and now a new Cardioloist will work with me. It seems each cardiologist has their own take on this medication.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 PM

Default response to "Ringing in ears side effect"

I have been on the tikosyn 250mcg 2 X daily for about 2 months also and have begun to have the ringing in ear problem also. It also feels like the blood is rushing to my head at times (a mild throbbing to the beat of my heart). I just went and had my blood pressure checked and it's a little high. I've never had high blood pressure before.
Not sure if the ringing is the blood pressure problem but I feel like it is.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:39 PM

Thumbs up GottaGO

Hello to everyone I am new to the forum,GottaGo Monday to get started on Tikosyn wish me good luck. Glad to be aboard.