Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Tikosyn

Notices

Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Fred

Default Tikosyn

I had experienced constant afib for over 12 months. One hour after my first dose of Tikosyn the afib stopped and a healthy heart rythm began. My pulse is low (low 40) but I am physically in good shape and feel this may have been the norm a few years ago before this all started. This is only my third day on Tikosyn but I am very encouraged
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default tikosyn

Hello my husband was in fib and flutter for about 10 months he had tried all of the antiarrthmic drugs and he had a cox maze open heart proceedure and he was cardioverted 5 different times and four shocks each time all of which failed to get him out of fib/flutter. He tried Tikosyn last week and low and behold he came out of atrial fib/flutter after the third dose. He did have several 10 second pauses and after the pauses he went into a sinus ryhthm. The dose of Tikosyn had to be reduced down to 250mcg every 12 hours as his QT got long on the 375mcg, but the 250mcg is holding him. This week he is out of the hospital and he is wearing a holter monitor for 48 hours and he is exercising without producing adrenaline and he is off of all caffeine. I hope this works as a pacemaker and another ablataion is the next step.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jpozenel
Smile Tikosyn

I've been on Tikosyn for about two years. I had been in persistent atrial fibrillation and right after my 2nd cardioversion I was put on the drug with great success. No side effects that I'm aware of.

I've changed my life by not drinking (which I had done a great deal in the past), lost over 85 lbs., and took an early retirement to reduce stress. I still drink some coffee (still my drug of choice) but it's about two thirds decaf with lots of half and half to slow down any caffeine "kick" that I might be getting. Everything seems to be working for me so far.