Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Welchol

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Weight Loss???

I just started the drug and it has helped my diarreah a lot. I had my gall bladder removed four years ago and yikes....I like the control I have so far with the bathroom part. I was wondering if I will lose a ton of weight since this drug grabs the fat before it can go on my thighs? Is is related to alli the weight loss drug that also grabs fat and moves it out through the intestines. Anyone have any testimonies of weight loss? I don't have muscle pain or sleep problems yet...I take iron, multiple vitamin, calcium. I think it must help with weight loss as it does grab a lot of fat before it can be utilized.My doc said exercise and take a general vitamin and that it would help with weight loss.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

my son has taken welchol for diaherrea because nothing else worked. he had his gallbladder taken out in feb06 . since then he has had horrible diaherrea where he was not able to attend his day placement he has a disability for a considerable amount of time. welchol works like a charm . his life returned back to normal. there were no side effects. for welchol is the miracle drug. but now we are fighting the insurance company for authorization because it is a cholestorol medicine. hope this helps you. yes my son has lost about thirty pounds.