Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Xopenex

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Catherine

Default Xopenex and Pulmicort

My 4 year old son has been using a combination of these medications for the last year or so. I noted in most of the literature I've been reading that the youngest age of use is 6. Should I have some concerns? Are there any side effects from prolonged use. He uses Pulmicort daily (and during the spring/summer he also uses Singulair)
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Mary

Default Xopenex for younger than 6

Hello Catherine. I noticed that no one replied to your question. I have the same question. My son is almost one year old nd the dr. prescribed Xopenex 4x/ day for Reactive Airway Disease, with which she diagnosed him. I am very concerned because I too have only found safety and clinical info on this drug with children 6 and older. I was wondering if you ahd found any information elsewhere.<br>Thanks.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Malika

Default My son is taking Xopenex & Pulmicort for 1 week. Is this ...

Hello Catherine & Mar. My son is taking both of these meds for 7 days & i've been trying to find ifo. I noticed children under the age of 6 shouldnt be taking this. oh my son is only 3 omnths old. Any advice, anyone out there?? Thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Tara

Default I also Have the same question

I also have the same concern. My pediatrition prescribed Xopenex for my 3 month old who has bronculitus. I am also very concerned. She is restless and will not take naps just since taking this medication, have you expirenced this side effect?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Julie

Default No Subject

I have the same question. My 18 month old son was just prescribed Xopenex for reactive airway disease.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

My grand daughter has been using this medication for quite a long time w/o having any kind of adverse reaction to it. I've noticed that the only side-affect she has if she uses it too much or too often is a little bit of hand shaking and/or dizziness. This is a good medication, but if we as parents had the option, naturally we wouldn't use these inhaled steroids, but unfortunately, we have to choose to either let our children suffer with this awful disease or do everything possible to give them relief from it. All of these drugs have side-affects, but what else can we do? Just fyi, my grand daughter is on a lot of meds (xopenex and pulmicort when needed, prednisone, foradil, flovent, nasonex, nose irrigations, allegra 180 mg., and some other kind of decongestant that I can't remember the name of right now but it's a generic of Mucinex)but she is doing really well considering the amount of meds she's on. She's a cheerleader, an honor student, and most of the time she is a very happy girl. Just wanted to give you hope and peace of mind. God bless you all!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Default cacreman

My baby is 9months old and he was 4 months premature. The very good doctors of Childrens Hospital gave him xopenex while in the NICU. He has also recently been put back on it and I have to say that in our case the benefits outweigh the side effects. He can breathe better and I have not had to put him back in the hospital.