Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Xopenex

Notices

Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Nancy Foxwell

Default Xopenex & Pulmicort Respules

I have been perscribed Pulmicort Respules and Xopenex for my asthma. It works very well but I don't have insurance and am can not afford $150.00 per week for this medication. What do I do? I can't afford the medicine and can't breath without it.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Carole

Default No Subject

I also take Xopenex and Pulmicort for "extreme emphysema". Even though I have insurance, these medications are very expensive. My doctor realizes this and helps out by giving me a month or two of samples every once in awhile. Try this next time you see your doctor and he should help out.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Bob

Default Xopenex

Nancy,<br>Ask your doctor to contact the drug company and see if they offer a compassionate program for the Xopenex. Many drug companies offer compassionate programs for many of their drugs. In most cases, the companies provide a 90-day supply of the drug at no charge (and require a new prescription for the next 90-day supply, but you can generally continue to get the drug at no charge if you meet their income guidelines). In most cases, the companies require some sort of verification of income to see if you will meet the guidelines of their particular program. In most cases, the income requirements are fairly liberal. The doc's office does have to make a phone call and complete some paperwork, and some simply won't do this (or may charge you a small fee). In a few cases, the drug companies allow for direct patient contact regarding their compassionate programs, but in all cases they will require a prescription from your doctor.<br><br>Bob<br>
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Some manufacturers offer free or reduced rates to patients who are in need of help. I would suggest you look for "medications, indigent" or the manufacturer on the internet. Perhaps your Dr. would also have a suggestion or samples to last for a while.
Jennie

Default No Subject

My son is on many medications for his asthma and none of them are covered by our insurance. We are self employed and have bad insurance. We get his medicine now through a company called Canada Drug. I mentioned it to our doctor once and she said that she could not endorse it but she knows that the drugs are safe and comparable to USA mediactions. <br>Good Luck--
Wanda

Default xopenex

I also take xopenex and it works very well but like Nancy Fox I can't afford it and cannot breath without it. I have a HMO but they do not cover any part of it. Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper???
Donna

Default Xopenex

My mom was just put on this same drug, and it works great, but is very expensive. At Lifecare Solutions, the pharmacist told me that somtimes the drug manufacturers will offer to offset the costs or offer a discount. I am investigating this now. I will let you know what I find.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 PM
gusta

Default No Subject

you can try prescrition partnership of america (PPA) up to 75% off or contact the company directly it may take longer to get a hold of some one who can put it through for you but worth a try
Old 01-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

1) Equivalent medications can cost less, perhaps with more hyper side effects (for example albuterol vs Xopenex). Pulmicort is easier to use, but Flovent or other inhaled steroids may cost less because they've been around longer. Advair combines the equivalent and works great, may be less expensive than Xopenex and Pulmicort (although Albuterol and Flovent would probably be much less).<br>Ask your doctor or pharmacist if there is a less expensive equivalent. Mail order 3 month supply may cost less, especially if you have access to Canada's internet rx.<br>2) Take fish oil to reduce how much/often you will need medications. Children who eat coldwater oily fish had 4x less wheezing than those who did not. Unless you are allergic to fish, taking daily fish oil (with food)should help within 2 weeks and continue to improve up to 6 weeks. A general starting daily dose in adults would be 2 gm (2000mg) of the EPA + DHA (which would be about 4 of the Trader Jo's odorless capsules; Costco is another inexpensive reliable source). Fish oil also reduces the risk of heart attacks, stroke, arthrititis, diabetes and depression (anti-inflammatory benefits). The liquid fish oils taste pretty good now also.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:20 AM

Astra Zeneca offers savings on Pulmicort through their patient assistance programs and also sometimes offers free samples.

http://www.pharmacydrugguide.com/Pulmicort_Coupons
http://www.pharmacydrugguide.com/Pulmicort_Free_Samples