Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Yasmin

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Shannon

Default Yasmin

I'm experiencing TERRIBLE breakouts on Yasmin. I had breakouts before, but NEVER like this. Is there anyone out there that took the pill and made it through the breakouts? When do they go away? I've been taking this pill nearly a month, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Kate

Default Yasmin

Oh yeah, the breakouts have a hold of me too. I've been on Yasmin for almost 3 months and it has not gotten any better. I started to take this pill b/c some of the others did not work with my body and I decided to give Yasmin a try. I found out it was supposed to not make u gain weight and help acne, so I was excited. Well I don't think I've gained weight...I just had a baby though, but my breakouts are a lot worse. I have no idea how long I am supposed to suffer. I have had breakouts for a lot of my life....but this seems to really be adding trouble..big painful bumps. I will ask my doc soon...b/c I will have to get off this supposed "wonder" drug if my skin doesn't clear up. anyone know how much time to give?? help! and I hope everyone's skin clears up too. Will we ever win the battle of the birth control pill?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I have also been taking Yasmin for 3 weeks and my break-outs have gotten worse. I think I will just finish the pack and stop. I have been breaking out in cystic acne right above my eyebrows and I get small whiteheads above my upper-lip area and around my nose. I also had a cyct on my chin. Anyone experiencing acne in the same places?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I got on it for my face but the breakouts are only getting worse. There not even normal any more its more like sores!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Abby

Default Yasmin and acne

I am on my third month of Yasmin and after reading about all of the people suffering from acne due to Yamin, I have decided to stop taking it. Since I have started, I have developed acne on my chin and neck. I was trying to be positive about Yasmin because of all of the positive things the makers of it claim that it does, but now I am positive that the acne I am suffering from is caused by it. Not to mention the mood swings and breast tenderness. I am throwing mine out.