Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zetia

Notices

Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Debbie

Default ZETIA

I started taking Zetia in May. For the past month I have had really severe pains across my back and especially my lower back. It feels so sore when I wake up. It seems to be most painful thru the night, even though I take the pill in the morning. Waking up I feel like I am bruised as my back is just so sore.I went to the doctor and no-one seems to feel that Zetia is the cause of my pain. Xrays of my back show I have scoliosis from neck to mid back...but I NEVER had this kind of pain for 51+ yrs. <br>They started me on physical therapy but now reading websites, I am DEFINATELY beginning to feel it may be from Zetia. Has anyone stopped the pill and had their pain stop as a result??? I have been off it for 2 days so its too early to tell. Thanks, Debbie
Old 08-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Bill

Default adverse effects

I experienced the same type of pain and after I stopped taking the statins (Lipitor, Pravacol, Zetia) it went away. One doctor told me it takes days sometimes weeks for the drugs to get into your system so it would take that long for the drug to leave your system. I must say I found relief in five to seven days.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Irene

Default No Subject

I was diagnosed with fibro myalgia a few years ago. Recently the dr perscribed Lipitor for me. After about a month of taking this medication, I could no longer stand the pain and my blood test results showed my enzyme level was way to high. I was taken off of Lipitor and a few weeks later put on Zetia. I noticed within the week of taking this I noticed leg and arm weakness, lower back and shoulder pain. This medication i believe affects my fibro myalgia making the muscle tenderness and sorness worse then it already is. Called the dr and was told to stop taking Vetia. I havent taken any in 2 days now and already feel a difference... Guess im going to have to watch my cholestoral more closly.
TB

Default Zetia/Welchol

I thought my severe back pain was due to Welchol but now I think it is the Zetia, since I have hair loss too. I am more convinced now after reading the above comments by various people. <br><br>Did anyone experience difficulty swallowing on either of the above durgs?
Catherine

Default No Subject

I have the same symptomes. My entire upper is sore at night. and my legs hurt. Been on Zetia for 1 year. Thinking seriously getting off of it