Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zometa

Notices

Old 09-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Ursula Raiford

Default Zometa infusion

My Physision recommented the IV infusion of Zometa for osteoperoses.This is seposed to be good for a year. Would like to find out more about this.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Deana

Default zometa

My doctor also recommended Zometa for my osteoporosis. I'm supposed to have a treatment every 6 months. My osteo, they think, is due to an abnormal condition of my bone marrow producing too many plasma cells, called monoclonal gammopathy of unknown significance. Whew! <br><br>The day after the zometa treatment, I had a fever and felt sick. THe next day the fever was lower but still there. I sure hope this works.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

zometa is not approved for osteoporisis at this time. Most likely it will not be paid for by your insurance. Zometa can be pretty expensive, so be aware that most likely it will come out of your pocket.<br><br>
Beverly A. Finwall

Default Zometa

I actually was looking for a way to find out more about how Zometa works, having had the injection recently. It was my only option, as the Fosomax had not worked on my backbone during the last year -- actually, the reading indicated it reversed back to two years ago. It still had increased the reading for my hip bones. My only option was Zometa, as I had radiation over ten years ago for breast cancer, and the other med was an injection, but the combination would have increased the possibility of bone cancer.<br><br>Not sure you can respond to this. If so, I am very curious as to how this treatment can last a year. Is it possible to check in six months (not sure my insurance would approve that)? What percentage of those having used Zometa has it helped?
Pat

Default No Subject

have you had zometa yet? I am waiting to get it for osteoporosis.<br>please let me know of your experience/side-effects?<br>preilly8679@sbcglobal.net
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Zometra

I have had infusion of Zometra last week. Zometra was recomended to me by my doctor because I stopped taking fosamaxs....I had no simptoms of side effects.....Will get injectios of low dose Zometra twice a year to improve bone strength. I can not take estrogen bbecause I have had breast cancer...