Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zonegran

Notices

Old 09-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Kathy

Default my son

My son who is now 17 years old has been on this medication for about 8 months. This drug has worked wonderfull for him. My son had his first seizure at the age of 11 months. He has been on every medicine out on the market. In fact, he did the test trials for other medication that is current on the market. My son also had a vagil nerve stimulator implanted at the age of 9. This was a wonderful device. My son went from 120 grand mal seizures a month to only 4 in 5 years. He developed an infection with a re-implant and had to have the device removed. Since that time he has done well with other medications. Zonegran works. The cost is very hard on the pocket book though. I just had his script filled. The cost was $297.02. that is only a months supply. Along with the other drugs that he takes, the cost per month out of pocket is $600.00 - $700.00 per month. Is there any help out there for a child who needs this medication? If you have any information, please e-mail me. I am going to lose my house because of the price of these drugs.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Becky

Default No Subject

I know what you mean about the cost..I have been taking zonegran for a year I am 19 now if it wasn't for the insurance my mom has their would be no way we could afford my meds on her income. (And I am going to be loosing it soon.) With out insurance they are like $900. I talked to my mom about your post and she said to talk to your county trustee. I'm not sure where you live but in Indiana we have low cost insurance for minors also. I hope I have been of some help to you. I hope every thing works out for you and your son.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Joy

Default Hope I Can Help

I've been on seizure meds since I was 18 so I can certainly empathize with you about the cost. I'm a school counselor now and I know it can be really difficult for parents to pay for meds out of pocket. In NC we have a program called Health Choice that is income based and covers kids who don't have private insurance or medicaid. It's for the ones who fall between the financial cracks. You may want to ask your son's school counselor, health department, or department of social services if your state has something similar. Hope I've been of some help.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Pat

Default help with RX costs

Before i became disabled i was a therapist and know that many pharmaceutical companies have patient assistance programs. Iif you do not have any Rx drug ins. coverage, contact Elan at 1-866-347-3185.<br>I was just prescribed this medication today but i am afraid to take it due to all the serious side effects I am learning about tonight.....I already have insomnia, mood instability, rage, depression, irritability, nausea, skin problems , etc from a traumatic head injury. have any of you had a skin reaction to zonegran??? I don't have Rx med coverage myself and at one time my meds cost over 1500 per month which was 3 times the amount of my disability income. So don't be shy a out contacting the pharmacetical companies for assistance....many do help!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
a friend

Default help w/cost

Contact the Elan Medical Needs Program (the manufacturer). They have an assistance program, based on income, and furnish my meds to me at no cost. They approved my application for 1 year, and I pick up meds at my pharmacy every 90 days at no charge. (The bill would be over $750 for 90 day supply without this help!) Telephone 1-866-347-3185 and tell them your child needs this assistance, and ask them what you should do to get help. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Smile response to "my son"

in regards to the cost of zonegran, there are programs out there to reduce cost. www.zonegranpatientassistanceprogram.com, myrxadvocate.com & even wwwrxhope.com- - i don't specifically understand your finance obviously, but these are worth a try.