Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Definity

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Default Definity

I too agree with others here. Why is this drug still on the market? I too suffered with this having a stress echocardiogram. The minute they gave it to me to start the test, I was unable to stand. I lost all feeling in my lower back and legs and this scard the jeebers out of me. Needless to say, the test was aborted as I needed this drug in me, I was told and it only has a life of 20 minutes. So for 20 minutes I was on the floor as my legs and back were like mashed potatoes and could not hold me up. This is a horrid med.
A week after I had this med. I had a NSTEMI. I personally feel that this med may well of caused this Acute Coronary Event. Never again. Two years later they repeated the stress echo and used another med to define the heart. No more DEFINITY! . I did not have the bad reaction to the new med but I did have about 5 minutes of wheezing laying down after the test was over. They will always use the other drug for me now. I scard them too. I wonder who makes the drug DEFINITY! I did report this to the FDA.
Macy

Last edited by MacyMaid; 04-23-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spell