Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Geodon

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 03:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to missypooh
Default Hi I am Missypooh and have recenly started on Geodon

I am new to this site and want to say hello to everyone as well as thank you for allowing me to join. I am new to Geodon, I have Bipolar, OCD, Adhd, and who knows what else.

I am so tired of changing medications but I am very sensitive to everything I have been on and that is majority of medications out there. I always fight with the side effects, and not just the mild ones; the severe ones...

I am concerned about the Geodon, I have been taking it for 2wks now at 160mg daily, 80mg twice daily.. I feel like a zombie and my blood sugar is all over the place.. I am also a diabetic. Can you tell me your experiences with Geodon?

Thanks,
Missypooh
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 AM

I just joined this site myself so I dont know alot about geodon I was just put on it my self and I also have diabeties sorry spelling and when it comes to side effects if they have them I seem to get them drugs do not agree with me I am very drug sensative I wish I could help you more but its not even been a week for me and I see my doctor tomarrow so she can bump the dose up but good luck to you we all deserve to be happy.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:23 AM

Smile Sleepy on Geodon, slowly weaned down to stable amount

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypooh View Post
I am new to this site and want to say hello to everyone as well as thank you for allowing me to join. I am new to Geodon, I have Bipolar, OCD, Adhd, and who knows what else.

I am so tired of changing medications but I am very sensitive to everything I have been on and that is majority of medications out there. I always fight with the side effects, and not just the mild ones; the severe ones...

I am concerned about the Geodon, I have been taking it for 2wks now at 160mg daily, 80mg twice daily.. I feel like a zombie and my blood sugar is all over the place.. I am also a diabetic. Can you tell me your experiences with Geodon?

Thanks,
Missypooh

When I started my medication I was really paranoid in a manic episode (first time diagnosed bipolar). What worked for me was lithium and geodon. I was taking it twice a day. What didnt work for me was it made me tired, unless I was completley stimulated then I would nap in the middle of the day. But now I am taking it once a day and feel much better. However with stress, looking for a job I find myself having quick thoughts. At the beginning I was taking about 250mg of seroquel and weaned my way off eventually to as needed. I suggest going to see your psychiatrist, they should be able to adjust the doses. ( diagnosed treatment over 2 yrs) If they cant then a little sleepiness in the short run is a better alternative than manic thoughts. Good Luck