Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Actonel

Notices

Old 08-14-2003, 05:00 AM
Lynn

Default Packaging of Actonel

Your customers must be healthy or they couldn't get the package open.<br>I just got my new 4 pack and have spent about one half hour trying to get to the first pill as instructed. It is the most impossible packaging I have met in many years of taking medications. This time, I got worn out with the struggle and tore the package apart. It is cute. It looks like it has everything - such a clever way to only take one pill once a week.<br>You are worn out before you get to the pill. Not to mention the fact that it probably adds quite a bit to the cost of the medication.<br> There must be an easier (and cheaper) way of getting 4 pills to a consumer.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Patricia

Default No Subject

I agree that the packageing is not for people without patience as it is very tricky to open. There must be an easier way. I generally take the dose out the night before I take it then in the a.m. O dpn't have to fumble and be afraid it will pop out.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Carol

Default actonel packaging

I never got into the stuggle of opening the package. I just took a pair of scissors and it was snipped out in a second...
Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 AM
Jean

Default No Subject

It seems to me to be an extreme example of over-packaging, adding substantially to its cost.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Christy

Default packaging

It is a "pop out"...you push from the front and it "pops out" the back...much like the newer children's allergy meds (you don't want the kids to "Figure it out." I know as I use the kid's OTC if I need something stronger than the "natural/herbal products." However, if you "forget" that it pushes out the back (and I "did" forget...I will say...a "serrated knife" when you are undergoing the lack-of-sleep and overall strangeness of this med., is "not" the weapon of choice...scissors would be the "best."
Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I can't believe what I just read! My five-year-old grandson can open the actonel "drawyer" as you call it. I guess I could understand it i9f you were suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and had severe hand-mobility problems, but jeez! Read the directions!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Ray Wilson

Default Opening the Actonel Package

Folks, I find it very difficult to believe what I am reading! Read the instructions! My five-year-old grandson can open the package! Simply open it as you would a book (it sticks a bit because of the adhesive, but that's just a safety issue), put a thumb and forefinger on each end of the package where the two red markings are and simply pull in opposite directions! When you have the pill card pulled out push a pill through the little foil piece that contains it in the package. This is so simple!