Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Amerge

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I used to lose a day of my life due to migraine-unable to function-I tried Imitrex-that just put me to sleep & when I awoke the migraine was still there. I was given Maxalt-that did nothing. Then a neurologist gave me Amerge. If I take it right away, in about an hour the migraine is completely gone and I can go on with my day. Sometimes I wait to see if I can do without it(I don't like to take drugs) but the Amerge still works in about an hour's time. The only ill effect is feeling more tired later on-but I can go to work and function and not feel like I just want someone to shoot me and put me out of misery! I have been taking it for years and my only concern, the reason I'm checking out this website, is are there any long term side effects? As far as price goes-when I have a migraine-the way I used to feel before Amerge-I would gladly hand someone 3o dollars or more if they told me they could get rid of that pain-and that is what Amerge does for me-and so I agree it is a lot-but I wouldn't live without it! To answer the person above who wonders if their headache is a true migraine, since mine never get to the really bad stage anymore, I have asked my doctor the same question, and she said if it works it was a migraine. It sure works!