Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zetia

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Jennifer

Default Tiredness / Double Vision

I have been on Zetia for several months, and stopped taking it last week...I feel like I haven't slept in a long time...Just can't function like this...Having respiratory problems also...I have been on Atkin's for a year now, and was dropping weight off like no tomorrow, and as soon as I started taking the Zetia, I completely stahled out, and then began to gain...Couldn't even go back to induction and lose...I don't care what the doctor has to say, but this Girl isn't taking this medication ever again!!!! By the way, it did take my bad cholesterol from 213 back down to 40, but I felt totally fine before I started to take this medication...Oh, and the joint pain.......I have a degenerative joint disease, but was not having any more problems with it until......Need I say more...
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Natalie

Default Zetia and B-1

Take 2 capsules of thiamine (vitamin B-1 100 mg each)/day. You're showing signs of a deficiency in thiamine. Thiamine helps in carbohydrate metabolism. The dizziness and double vision should disappear with the help of thiamine. Cut down to 1 capsule a day once you experience a relief.<br><br>As for the respiratory problem, it's probably due to another vitamin/mineral depletion. You should take about 250 mg of magnesium/day too with thiamine. The two work together. The respiratory problem may disappear or reduce too.<br><br>If you could share the news with others IF you do experience a relief, it would be wonderful! Take care.