Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Avelox

Notices

Old 09-17-2003, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Distrubed sleep

I'm suffering from a head cold, and have chronic sinusitis. My allergist has prescribed Avelox to assit with the conditions. On the first dosage taken before bedtime, I fell asleep right away - but awake startled and aggitated several times during sleep. The time presecptions were all for what seemed like a lengthy period of deep rest in a short time period. Reading the other observations I'm very concerned.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Estelle

Default Awakened with panic attack

I was glad to see your experence with this drug. I also went to my Dr. for a sinus infection and she gave me this also.That night around 8:00 I took my first pill. I went to bed around 10:00 went right to sleep and at 11:00 I woke up startled and heart racing and then tingling with trouble breathing. I had panic attacks 5 years ago but not since so I though it was a panic attack but yet something was different--this did't easy up in 20 minutes it was getting worse. I live 35 minuted from a hospital and I had gotten much worse. I fineally had my husband take me to the hospital I just knew I was having a reaction to this medicine. The Dr. said I wasn't that it was just a panic attack--He gave me something to calm me down. Two days later around 10:00 in the morning I took this medicine and 3 hours later it happened again. I will never touch this medicine again and I don't recommend any one with a sensitivity to medicine to take it.