Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Welchol

Notices

Old 10-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Vivian Herzog

Default side effects

<br> I got terrible pains from lipitor then went on zocar. The muscle and joint pains got worse.I went off of it in March of 2003 and still have shoulder pains as of 10-17-03.I started on welchol 2 months ago and about 2 weeks ago started to have severe back knee and leg pains,never thinking it could be from the welchol. Also I have not been sleeping well and this morning I was still awake. 4-30 am. I read e-mail letters from people who have the same pains and insomnia. I am not going to take any more of it!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Welchol does not work in the bloodstream and is not absorbed. The side effects tend to lessen because of this. It is by far the SAFEST of all the cholesteral drugs out there because it isn't absorbed. Hope that helps.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default myalgia too

I have had a siimilar experience. Bad muscle spasms on zocor so I was put on welchol. Doc said it wouldn't have same effect. Wrong! muscle spasms weren't as bad as on zocor but still painful. Now I'm supposed to try provachol--I'm afraid to take that first pill...but I guess I'll give it a try. I know how you feel.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Kay

Default Welchol

I have been on Welchol for about 3 months and feel tired all the time and have worsening hip pain and wondered if related. Also I don't sleep well. Not sure what to do. Could not take Lipitor...memory and pain problem too.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
TB

Default Welchol

<br>I am having increasing back pain and muscle fatigue since being on Welchol the last several months. Also, I get severe cramps in my legs from time to time.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Default WelChol

Pat<br>I too am having worsening hip pain and cannot sleep well at all.I thought it might be from the effects from ALL the statins plus Zetia. This just makes me feel awful. I couldn't take all the others and maybe I am not able to take the WelChol either. I am having severe fatigue in my muscles also. I have trouble opening a cap on a water bottle. Can anything else help? I have had it.