Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Celexa

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default celexa withdrawal

I decreased my dose of celexa from 20mg to 10 mg 7 months ago. It took almost six months to get over the side effects from this decrease. Those side effects were feeling more down and increased physical pain. A month ago, I decreased my celexa from 10mg to 5mg a day. Six days ago, I simply stopped the celexa. I have had SEVERE, room spinning, body literally falling to the side, DIZZINESS. I have had increasing nausea. Today, five days after discontinuation, I feel so nauseated that I wonder if I am having a heart attack. This morning it feels like a knife is sticking into my throat, it is all I can do not to vomit, my chest feels tight and I am still DIZZY, DIZZY, DIZZY. I am so frustrated that I am being totally disabled by these symptoms and can not go on about my life in any normal fashion. I have taken zoloft and deseryl in the past and did not experience anything like these withdrawal symptoms. I am grateful to find other people's comments on the internet to assure me that perhaps I am feeling "universal" withdrawal symptoms from celexa and maybe I do not need to go the emergency room after all. After a week of TERRIBLE and UNEXPECTED withdrawal symptoms, I hope that these side effects do not last for months as I have read in other people's descriptions. Good luck to anyone else out there who is facing the discontinuation of celexa.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default celexa withdraw

I am going through withdraw from celexa right now. Was on 40 ml. went down to 20 ml.for 10 days then 10 ml. for 10 days then stopped taking them.<br>when I was on 10 ml. I could think again and was able to function better brain wise than in a long time.I am on my 12th day ,dizzy, confused, anxiety,nausea,anger,crying,feel like I could pass out at times,hot & cold chills and a lot of mind game stuff. I know this is withdraw. This is not that I need to go back on it which is what happens alot to people who try to get off of these kinds of drugs. This is hard and if I had not worked on so many issues and did not know all the things I know about my own self I could be in real trouble I can see why people could comment suicide comming off these drugs. Im just trying not to control it and letting it pass.<br>One hour at a time.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I am a 23 year old woman who took Celexa when I was 18 years old for about a year. I got off of it, weened off VERY slowly (mother is a nurse and father is a doctor...they gave me steps on how to ween off)and had absolutely no problem. I never cut my dosage in half..that is FAR too much. I would cut it by by maybe 1/5 at a time, and that was with only a 20mg dosage. I recommend this. I really didn't even notice I was off of it. I had to get on it again actually to calm stomach issues and am planning on weening off once again, in the same fashion. I'll let you know how it goes. Please don't cut your dosage in half EVER! That is toooo much at a time! I forgot to mention, I cut it by 1/5 about every 2-3 weeks. You have to keep in mind how this drug works.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Wow<br>I too have been on celexa for 8 yrs. I have fibromyalgia and have recently been taking flexeril along with it so that I can get sleep. I went from 20 to 10 for a week then every other day and now have been off the 2 weeks. I have more severe fibromyalgia pain that ever and the dizzyness is impairing my life. My daughter is getting married and the holidays are here. I don't know if I should go on it again. I just want to die at times because the pain is sooooo bad. My husband has NO CLUE. I'm expected to go to work every day and function when I can't hardly get out of bed in the morning. I passed out and lost track of time and was told by the Dr. that I was not to drive. My husband's response: well then "how are you going to get to work" I feel like I have NO <br>Support so this is the first time I have ever written on one of these sites. Will these side effects go away ever? Or should I go back on Celexa and flexeril? What are the long term effects of using these drugs?