Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Vioxx

Notices

Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Vioxx

I have had 2 arthroscopic surgeries on my knee, leaving me with no cartilage, inability to bend my knee to 90 degrees, and chronic pain which has totally disrupted my lifestyle. When a regime of Celebrex failed, I was given Vioxx 25mg with some relief, but not long lasting. The joint replacement surgeon recommended surgery & increased the Vioxx to 2-25 mg pills/day. I have only been on this dosage a few days, but have remarkable relief. The swelling is down, the pain is more controlled &, while I don't consider this a long-term "fix", I feel 110% better than I have since I fell. I only hope this relief doesn't wear off as my body metabolizes the increased dose. I am amazed and delighted with the results thus far.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
TINA ESKIND

Default FINALLY

Looking for someone who has had knee pain and had the scope/ I am getting it done some tme next month for severve knee pain- Doctor is guessing it is in the tendons.Glad to hear vioxx did you some well..two days ago I treid going for 25mg..no way- my pain came back worse.now today I have to take it easy. Later on tonight I am going back for 50 mg. Right after I started vioxx my pain went away- then it felt a pinching. I do not know what I am gonna do- the pain is horrible. I am 37 and should be out walking and enjoying projects with children and I cannot do it. I am glad it has helped you. SIGNED OUCH!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
waiting for the other shoe to drop

Default success with vioxx

I have been taking Vioxx for several years after having taken Naprosyn, Bextra, and Celebrex. Vioxx has completely eliminated my severe osteoarthritis pain and has given me back my life. When I tried to discontinue Vioxx, my pain was so severe that I could barely function. I have a two-week supply of Vioxx and wonder what my life will be like when I run out. I hope my physician has a Plan B to keep me active and pain-free. I worry about what my life will become.