Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zonegran

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Default Zonegran for binge eating disorder

I have had binge eating disorder for years and I've been on many drugs, even some that are used to treat Alzheimers and bipolar disorder, as well as depression. Nothing has helped my eating disorder. I continued to binge several or more times a week, to the point of numbness in my limbs.

My doctor prescribed Zonegran about a month ago. It has been a miracle drug for me. As far as binge episodes, I have only had one since the dosage was increased to 150 mg. I am currently taking 200 mg a night and I think I will probably have to increase the dose even more. This drug has helped me by curbing my appetite, making it easier to control food cravings. For the first time in my life, since I can remember, I feel full after eating and I don't have a desire to eat more. I have lost about 7 or 8 pounds. It's not about the weight loss; it's about treating my disorder.

There is only one negative thing I can say about zonegran at this point. I have had some trouble sleeping. I take Ambien for insomnia and I have never had trouble sleeping through the night until I started taking Zonegran. I wake up during the night, usually from a nightmare. I never dream, but I guess the medication is causing me to have bad dreams.