Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Strattera

Notices

Old 08-05-2003, 05:00 AM
Dawn

Default No Subject

My 11 year old has been on Strattera for almost a month now and we are pleased so far. He takes the drug before bed at the direction of his Dr. We tried the drug one morning and he was very lethargic. We haven't started school yet so I'm anxious to see how it affects his school work. He's 11 and weighs 90 lbs. He has gained almost 5 lbs this month alone so it has not affected his appetite.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Tonya Bauman

Default strattera

I would like to know how the strattera is working now. I just called my doctor to see if we could have my 13yr. old take it at night. I was wondering how many milligrams your son is taking. I'm going to ask to increase to 80mg. since it will be taken at night. My daughter weighs 108lbs. She has noticed a little difference on the 60mg. but it just makes her too tired.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
frustrated mom

Default No Subject

I have 14 yo on strattera since summer 2003. We weren't sure how it would work for him. Since school has started he is not doing as well as he has previously in 7th and 8th grades. I am not yet convinced strattera is all that. It is pretty expensive also. His midterm grades were the worst he's ever had since he started school.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
shirl

Default goose bumps

within the first 5 hours after taking 40mg of Strattera, I felt goose bumps go up and down my legs.. I just ignorged it and it stopped
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Doug

Default penis pain

most doctors,in my experience, increase the dose way too fast, and start too high. you can avoid most of the problem if you start really low and gradually increase, sometimes so slowly as to not see benefits very quickly. but be patient! you may well be able to have the best of both worlds: improvemtn in ADD and little troublesome side effects