Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zonegran

Notices

Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Sharon

Default Drug interactions

I would like to know if there are any known drug interactions caused by taking Zonegran with any of the following drugs: Trileptel, Baclofen, Paxel, Mysoline or Gabitril
Old 09-01-2003, 05:00 AM
JOHN

Default No Subject

MY PSYCHIATRIST PRESRIBED ZONEGRAN FOR WEIGHT-LOSS REASONS.I HAD BEEN DEPRESSED FOR A LONG TIME. AFTER A WEEK, MY DEPRESSION WORSENED GREATLY AND I HAD VERY BAD NIGHTMARES.THANKFULLY, MY DOCTOR HAS TAKEN ME OFF THIS DRUG, BUT SOME OF THE RESIDUAL EFFECTS REMAIN. <br> <br>
Old 09-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Becky Wheeler

Default Reply

Sharon, I take Zonegran and Trileptal with some other meds... I don't see any major interactions with the meds. I do experience a lot of drowsiness and am loosing weight. I think that is just because of the dosage of the Zonegran, and the other meds I am taking. Other then that Trilrptal is safe to take with it I think. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like. ~Becky~
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

search each drug on internet-much useful info is out there. interaction with anti-depressants seems to be common and a warning has been issued by <br>FDA regarding interactions. proceed cautiously with any new medicine and maintain contact with your health care provider.request those close to you to help monitor your reaction(s).
Mary

Default Zonegram

I have multiple sclrosis and am on 200 Milligrams of zone gram a day, 200 mg tegretol in the am and 200 mg tegretol pm. I have been very sad and my regular General doctor gave me Well Butrin ( I asked for it) I was on Paxil for severl years and gained a tremendous amount of weight. I stopped the Paxil slowly, lost the weight and want to be on well butrin, 150 sr twice a day. Do you think its ok with the seizure risk znd all. I had a small seizure 16 years ago. I'm on the meds to control the pain and stiffness and banding in my hands, thanks for the info<br><br>Mary
Jo Anne Lay

Default zonegran

Sharon, I too, am taking Zonegran and Trileptal with some other meds. This has only been going on for about a week. I just noticed this morning that I had lost 6 pounds since last week, but have been hungry and have been eating normally. It does not make me sleepy, however. I wish it would. I have been having trouble going to sleep, on and off, for about a month now. Not because of any medicine, but because of the change of life, I guess). The medicine side effects say that it not only can cause drowsiness, but also insomnia. So, figure that one out. I have also hade trouble getting my eyes to focus, and my heart or something inside of me seems to be shaking. What side effects are you having? Jo Anne
Sherri

Default Trileptal and Zonegran interaction

I am taking zonegran w/ trileptal. My doctor said there is no drug interaction between the two. Sherri<br>P.S. I am excited because I am losing weight as well and the zonegran seems to be helping!