Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zonegran

Notices

Old 09-27-2003, 05:00 AM
jcrlady

Default Zonegran

Well, I just started taking it yesterday. I had my first seizure 9/12/03 and I got put on Dilantin, but I was itching all over so the doctor took me off of it and put me on Zonegran. The only thing I can say is that I took it about 1/2 hr before I went to sleep and I started having some pretty weird and scary thoughts I prayed and went to sleep and had some pretty vivid strange dreams. I have to give it a shot because from what I have read, zonegram is the medication for seizures with the less toxic side effects. Plus, I had weird thoughts before due to anxiety attacks so maybe they are triggered by the fact that this is all pretty scary... to anyone. I also suffer from migraines and need to lose weight so I am hoping it will help with that too. What scares me is that seizures are bound to change the quality of my life. I may have had seizures at night before, but I am not sure, I remember waking up with a terrible migraine in the middle of the night so that may have been a seizure. I don't know. All I know is that there is nothing too big for God and God has the power to change anything. He can heal me and he can heal you too with or without medication so don't forget to include prayer in your plan for healing. God Bless you.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default zonegran

I started taking zonegran last night and I had scary thoughts and kept hearing scary noises when I was trying to go to sleep. My husband noticed this was odd, since I kept saying, "did you hear that? Go Check in yonder!" I am not crazy. It was a relief to see someone else had the same experience. I have been sleepy today,but will give the med a fair shot. I have extreme pain from a rare condition similiar to RSD,but not RSD. I believe God uses circumstances to help develop us into the more Christlike idividuals He created us to be. This keeps me strong. I am glad to see that you hold on to hope. God can heal or He can walk with us and make us all the stronger for having dealt with trials.Good luck to all.