Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM

Default Heart Attack

My healthy 25 year old sister took Ortho Tri cyclen Lo for 6 DAYS. She suffered from a moderate heart attack!!! Did I mention she is only 25 and perfectly healthy! She had a blood clot in the artery in her heart. They had to insert a stint in her heart, via her femeral artery. The cardiologist says that it was definately caused by Ortho.

I have taken this medication for years and have had very little problems. Now I am reconsidering my options!

I want everyone to be aware of the possible side affects. Your risk of blood clots goes up dramatically from taking the pill.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Default Factor V Leiden

My suggestion for ANYBODY who is looking at getting on hormonal BC is PLEASE get tested for FACTOR V (Five) Leiden. This is a serious genetic disorder that causes you to clot for NO reason. Luckily I am negitive but only found out about it when my husband was diagnosed. He has 3 blood clots in his legs. I asked a doctor how many women did she think died of clots that were caused by this disorder and shouldnt have been on the bc her answer was that the test was too expensive and y should they test EVERYBODY for it. So PLEASE fight with your doctor to get tested.