Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Avelox

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
JR

Default Let's get together

After only two days of takng this stuff I feel like i am confused and my stomache, muscles.........everthing hurts. I am so disappointed by this stuff and wonder if anyone wants to email me so that we could get a lawyer to look into this stuff for us. Email me at rudedogk9@yahoo.com. This stuff needs to be further tested. Email me your story so that we could at least make someone accountable for all of the stuff we had to deal with. If you are wondering whether or not to take Avelox............Don't.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
bev

Default avelox

My mother, who had no health issues, died of anaphalactic shock within 30 minutes-1 hour of her first dose of avelox. She had no history of any previous drug reactions. I am interested in sharing information to help this from happening to others.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Lips Burning feel like dentist missed my gums tounge has big bumps all over n burns

OMG Avelox is POSIN it made my tounge burn and got big bumps all over my tounge.....my lips in side my mouth feels like its scraped up .....
had numbing tingling in lip night before.....I only was on it for 4 days and WHAM !!!!! I have had Headaches the whole time too and CRAZY Mood Swings.
I have not taken it for 3 days and my tounge is still very irritated,burns,bumps an my tounge has had no improvement. The doctor just tells me on the phone it must be Thrush in my mouth from the strong Avelox causing to much yeast....Umm I ALWAYS get a yeast infection if i am on a antibiotic without fail...this time none
what is going on in my mouth is what i have found online to be a Severe reaction to the medicine . DO NOT TAKE IT !!! IT CAN KILL YOU
I am almost in tears with my mouth like this Its AWFUL !!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:01 PM

I, too, am researching whether or not there is a class action suit in existence relating to Avelox. Please see my son's experience posted on this thread from "worriedmom." As I mention in my post, a colleague of mine tore her achilles tendon while on this medication. I believe, she was also looking into some sort of lawsuit. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 PM

Exclamation Class action suit

I would absolutely go forward with anyone who is considering doing something to get this drug off the market !!!! I wouldnt know where to begin,so I may do some research,in the meantime if anyone knows anything please feel free to email me privately !
Thanks,Barbara
Barb13ann@aol.com