Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM

Default New Here

Hello all, I am new here but just to say hello. I have been on Lantus for almost a year now started out real low 30 units a day. And just went and seen the Endo last week what a disappointment that was. I had been taking Lantus 80 units in the am and 90 in the pm. Well, he increased it to 100 in the am and 100 in the pm. I have severe spinal stenosis and fibro. In one week my food intake has gone crazy its like i am craving food. I can't get enough and the numbness in my left leg is enough to drive me nuts. I can't sleep because I can't get comfortable. And the weight gain I have gained almost 10 lbs in one week. That is very disappointing for me as I have worked hard to drop alot of it 180 in fact I did that in about a year. But my Endo does not seem to think the pump is going to work for me even though my family doctor approved me for it so who do I believe. I am also on Novalog sliding scale. I have autoimmunes too which makes me insulin resistant. My blood sugars are never below 300, except for this morning it was 165 but what is better the low blood sugars or taking the extra lantus and eat everything in sight and gain the extra weight that I worked so hard to get off. Oh not to mention I dild this all and I am in a wheel chair.