Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Actonel

Notices

Old 08-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Sherry

Default Back pain

I have been taking actonel for 6 months. After a couple of months use I noticed I have been having back pain. It seems to move around the muscles in my lower and upper back. I never had this problem before. It never seems to go away and I wondered if other users have this problem. I'm getting very nervous about using this drug anymore.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Carole

Default No Subject

After one 7-day dose of Actonel, I thought I was paralyzed. My back hurt so badly I couldn't move. I stopped taking the drug. I have heard this is a serious side effect, yet the packaging states it is "mild to moderate."<br>You may want to consider stopping the drug. It is relatively new, and they don't know what causes the severe back pain.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:00 AM
lynndelay

Default No Subject

Well I just opened another pkg of Actonel and again I see why everyone complains about the pains worse after taking it. The PACKAGING is impossible. CLEVER but glued with glue that will not let go , even if you can get your fingers into the pkg to push and shove. It wastes your time doing it and you might as well USE SCISSORS across the front before you ever sell the product. WHY is your packaging so stupid????<br> Procter and Gamble have lost any love I ever had for them. Why don't you smarten up on the packaging and forget the cleverness of it. Or is there more money in the cardboard than in the pills? Sign me "fed up and disgusted and worn out from tugging your packaging."
Old 09-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Carlene

Default No Subject

I took one Actonel, a sample from my physician. Within a few hours I experienced severe cramps in my legs,toes,fingers. The cramping continued for several hours. That night while lying in bed I experienced pain around gums for a few seconds, that pain gravitated down to my heart. The heart pain lasted a few seconds. I thought I might be having a heart attack. I was fine the next day. I haven't taken any more Actonel.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Sandy Keeler

Default Joint & Back Pain

I have only been taking this pill for 5 wks. and I now hurt so badly in my joints (especially the left hand and lower to upper back) it is very difficult to swing a golf club. I am a very active person who had no problems before taking this pill. Is this a side effect? If so, I may have to let osteoporosis have its way with me. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Christy

Default muscles/back pain

Perhaps (?) if you read the comments on this site, "over" twice...you might wish to give into what you describe as "nervous" over using Actonel. Especially, with so many of us, having such "negative" remarks. Additionally, have we ever felt this way about taking an aspirin (with or without caffeine?), or have we ever felt this way over taking 100mg or 200mg Advil? How about taking vitamins or herbs? Well, then, how about antibiotics (as most of us "have" done so, at one time or another during our lifetimes...as most of us are probably plus 40-plus50s). How about smoking cig.s? (we know it is not good for us...our body says "don't do that")(or we have learned from listening to what it did to others...as we are now hearing on this site how Actonel is being "perceived.") We don't "over" drink alcohol because of "how it makes our body feel/react/emote...and we don't put things into our body we are "allergic to" (most of us have one sensitivity of some kind or another)...think about it... C.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I have been taking actonel for about 5 months and am also having lower back pain....thought I had pulled a muscle; could hardly get out of bed without excruciating pain. It's better now, but I'm going to stop taking it for a few months and see if the pain subsides. I never had back pain prior to taking actonel.