Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Notices

Old 05-25-2005, 05:00 AM
Amy

Default Side Effects

I was on Ortho-Tri Cycline for nearly 10 years before noticing changes in my libido. I was feeling very depressed as well. My doctor changed my pills, and put me on Lo-something FE, which made me feel the same. As soon as I went off the pill completely, I felt GREAT. My libido came back, I was no longer moody. And, then I got pregnant. Now, my husband INSISTS that I go back on the pill because we both hate condoms and our spontenaity is gone. So, I started using Ortho-Tri Cyline Lo. It's been TERRIBLE!! I feel miserable all the time. I'm tired. I ache. I get terrible headaches and dizziness. I'm moody. I have ZERO libido! My period is always early, and lasts for sometimes 12 days. I've gained nearly 30lbs, even with diet and exercise. My thyroid and blood glucose were all checked, and came back normal. My doctor has started me on Yasmin to try to elievate the problems. We'll see... but I'm nervous. I'd rather just be on nothing... but then again... I don't want 20 kids!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Jenny

Default No Subject

Have you thought about using whats called an IUD. It's shaped like a T and is placed in the uterus. This type of contraceptive doesn't have the hormone called progestarone which can cause the mood swings. I haven't tried this one yet. My doctor wants to try me on Tri Levlin first. If that doesn't work then I'm trying the IUD. The IUD is 99% effective. I hope this will help you.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Crystal

Default No Subject

It seems like the side effects are very drastic. I'm sorry, but I think it is impossible for a weight gain of 30 pounds to be souly on fault of the Ortho-Tri Cyline pill! Also, if you don't want 20 kids, try condoms!!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Peggy

Default husband insisting on wife taking BC pills despite horrible side effects

Why don't you suggest to your husband, that HE take birth control pills? You could be one of the women who end up having a stoke or heart attack while on BC pills. Despite the statement that you both HATE condoms----he is not the one having horrible side effects, so I am guessing that HE is the one who HATES the condoms more. Does he think your health is worth this??? I certainly hope that you think more of yourself.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Or perhaps, your husband can have a vasectomy....or is he one of those husbands, who feels that it is all on the wife to take care of these things?