Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Actonel

Notices

Old 12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Gisela

Default actonel and side effects

I am 53 and have osteopenia and have been taking actonel off and on for two years, In the beginning I was having a little muscle pain but I thought it was from Lipitor, so I stopped taking that and continued with the actonel once a week. As time passed the muscle pain got worse and I started to get hip, knee and leg pain, I also started to get frequent hot flashes and nightsweats.<br>Before taking actonel I was getting occasional hot flashes - I am not getting enough sleep because of this. I have an appointment to see the doctor soon - I am going to stop this medication before it gets any worse. I have been reading comments and opinions on actonel and I really do not think it is helpful at all. When taking this medication for a year or two the results of improved bone is minimal - so why suffer. We must take calcium and vitamin D and do bone strengthening exercises until something else comes along without so many side effects.

Bookmarks