Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Maxalt

Notices

Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
R Campbell

Default Bad Stuff

A word of caution: When trying Maxalt for the first time...take it at home with another person around!! I tried Maxalt yesterday at work for the first and last time. Withing 10 minutes of taking it, I was dizzy...slurring my speech, dis-oriented, extremely tired (could barely keep my eyes open), had slowed motor functions, blurred vision. It did not even touch my migraine pain. If anything, the pian got worse. I've also tried Imitrex, Zomig, Relpax...all of these made me pretty sleepy....but nothing like the Maxalt. I think I will be sticking with my NSAIDs for my migraine relief and staying away from the triptans!! I hope others have better luck with this one!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

NSAIDS are not very effective for migraines. Amazingly enough, Excedrin Migraine is very good for migraines if taken at the first sign. It is not any good if you have a severe migraine, though. I never thought my frequent migraines could be stopped by Excedrin Migraine, and I suffered for many years not even trying the Excedrin. Now most of my migraines are stopped with Excedrin. I save the expensive triptans for ones that wake me in the middle of the night with head throbbing, too late to stop at an early stage.