Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zelnorm

Notices

Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Vicki

Default New User

Hi:<br>Like so many of you, I have suffered with this all of my life. I am 49 years old and took my zelnorm Monday evening. About two hours after I took half a dose (my doc suggested) I had a major bowel movement and for the first time in a long time, felt the bloating and pain significantly diminish. I had another BM the next day but by Wednesday, all action had stopped. I increased to the full dose and am feeling the full and bloated feeling again. After having read all of your comments, I think I need to focus on the empty stomach - - good advise. The other good advise I heard was to give it a month. I will. I'll write again and let you all know if it works for me.<br>
Old 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Zelnorm

I am allergic to wheat, and must be very careful with fiber laxatives. I was taking Levsin because of severe abdominal pain after eating certain foods. I started on Zelnorm about 2 weeks ago, and stopped the Levsin. I didn't see results from the constipation for a couple of days however, I experienced relief from the horrible bloating. The buttons on my pants (even when they were'nt tight) don't hurt my stomach anymore. I haven't had any diarrhea and sometimes I've taken 3 a day, (I don't know if that is good.) I bet I'm not taking it early enough before a meal on an empty stomach. I'm going to try to take it about 1 hour before my meal on an empty stomach and see if 2 will, work.<br>Kristy